The metrological laboratory exists in WZL-4 since 1951, initially as the Chamber of Measurements, then the Central Metrological Laboratory at Lotnicze Zakłady Remontowe Nr 4 in Warsaw (this name was in force until 1982).
At present the Company Metrological Laboratory of Wojskowe Zakłady Lotnicze Nr 4 S.A. (since 2008) operates in the framework of internal management and control system. It controls monitoring and measuring devices and instruments applied in production processes.
Monitoring and measuring instruments applied for inspections and tests are conforming to obligatory legal requirements, are calibrated in domestic and foreign accredited laboratories and acknowledged national institutions.
WZL-4 has experienced, competent employees performing verification of measuring devices, and tests in the following workshops:
- The Workshop of Measurements of Slip Gauges,
- The Workshop of Measurements of Length and Angle,
- The Workshop of Measurements of Pressure and Temperature,
- The Workshop of Measurements of Electric and Electronic Tools,
- The Workshop of Measurements of Force Tools and Mechanical Properties of Materials,
- The X-ray Defectoscopy Workshop,
- The Chemical Workshop.
The offer for verification of devices, performing tests and chemical analyses
The Workshop of Measurements of Slip Gauges
- Slip gauges made of steel, rectangular cross-section class 1 , class 2 (measurement range from 0,5 mm to 100 mm).
The Workshop of Measurements of Length and Angle
- Dial gauges of the measurement range up to 100 mm,
- external micrometers of the measurement range from 0 mm to 1000 mm,
- internal micrometers of the measurement range from 5 mm to 55 mm,
- two-point bore gauges,
- three-point bore gauges,
- depth gauges,
- micrometer heads.
Micrometer sensor devices:
- micrometers with built-in sensor,
- bore gauges with dial gauges.
Vernier caliper devices:
- height measuring instruments.
Feeler gauges, plug gauges.
Digital and analog protractors.
Squares, measuring rules, v-grooves.
The Workshop of Measurements of Pressure and Temperature
- Analog and digital instruments for measuring pressure of the range from -0,9 MPa to 40 MPa:
- utility spring manometers,
- inspection spring manometers,
- altimeters WD-20,
- pressure converters.
Instruments for measuring temperature
Analog and digital of the range from 30 °C to 150 °C (ultrathermostat); from 30 °C do 500 °C
- measuring instruments – thermometers, resistance thermometers, and with thermos-elements,
- resistance temperature regulators, and with thermos-elements,
- resistance temperature recorders, and with thermos-elements,
- utility thermometers verified using the comparison method,
- manometric thermometers,
- resistance thermometers sensors,
The Workshop of Measurements of Electric and Electronic Tools
The range of measurements: current to 20 A; voltage to 1000 V; resistance to 1000 MΩ.
Analog and digital instruments for measuring electric properties:
- calibrators U,I AC,DC,
- multimeters U,I,R,
- measuring instruments U,I,
- measuring instruments, testers of insulation,
- resistance boxes,
- AC,DC power supplies.
The Workshop of Measurements of Force Tools and Mechanical Properties of Materials
Manual dynamometer tools:
- torque wrenches from 0,5 Nm to 1000 Nm,
Measuring of strength:
- tensile tests,
- testing of slings, traverses.
The X-ray Defectoscopy Workshop
Making radiograms on the radiographic film or in digital form of soldered and welded connections of wires, aircraft elements and other materials.
The Chemical Workshop
Manufacturing of glues, seals, pastes, and chemical analyses.
Shortened analyses of:
- acid, chromium and cyanide-alkaline galvanic bathes.